Resources for People with Medicare
We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
On the Healthcare Front is a free newsletter written by Kepro for people who are on Medicare. Newsletters include information about Medicare rights and other information to help you exercise your right for high quality health care.
Read more about the newsletter: On the Healthcare Front
- Medicare has a website to use when you want to compare hospitals, home health agencies, skilled nursing facilities, physicians, or dialysis facilities. Find and compare nursing homes, hospitals & other providers near you.
- If you need help with your Part D prescription drug coverage, visit our Part D coverage resources that include prescription assistance programs.
- Medicare has an app called "What's Covered" where you can quickly see what Medicare covers. Learn more about this app.
- The Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman makes sure that you have information related to your Medicare rights and protections and helps you get your concerns resolved.
- Search for financial assistance, food pantries, medical care, and other free or reduced-cost programs at Findhelp.
These documents give information about your Medicare Rights and how to protect them.
- Medicare & You 2024 (PDF): The official US Government Medicare handbook.
- Quick Look at Medicare (PDF): Provides a brief overview of enrollment and how to get help.
- 4Rs for Fighting Medicare Fraud (PDF): Gives you information about how to protect yourself from Medicare fraud.
- Medicare Rights and Protections (PDF): This official government booklet has information about your rights & protections in Original Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plan or other Medicare health plans, and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans; and, where to get help with your questions
- Know Your Rights (EMTALA) (PDF): The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) guarantees access to emergency medical services at the emergency department regardless of a person's ability to pay.
Podcasts are audio files that you can download or listen to on the Internet. Each audio recording is called a podcast episode.
Listeners will get tips that can help improve their healthcare journeys. Your podcast host - Kepro - is joined by guests to have open conversations that are aimed at making life a little bit easier.
Read more: Aging Health Matters Podcast
Click on your state below for information that is for your state only.
- Overview of Services
- How to File a Quality of Care Complaint
- How to File an Appeal
- Immediate Advocacy
- En Español
- Case Status Check
Learn about Kepro's free services for people with Medicare.
Videos. Watch Kepro videos on YouTube.