February is Heart Month
We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
february is american heart month
February is American Heart Month. This is a great time for people to focus on their heart health.
resources for everyone
The following information is from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the National Institute on Aging (NIA).
- 7 Strategies to Live a Heart-Healthy Lifestyle. When you choose healthy behaviors, you can lower your heart disease risk and prevent other serious chronic conditions.
- Heart Health and Aging: Expert Questions and Answers Video. Watch and listen to a video that talks about how your heart changes with age. The link between brain health and heart health is explained. Also, there are steps you can take to live a heart-healthy lifestyle.
- Heart Health and Aging. Read about how the heart works, and changes with age, and steps you can take to prevent heart disease. There are also helpful questions to ask your doctor, and more.
- Wellness Toolkits. Use wellness toolkits to find ways to improve your well-being in many different areas.
- Facts about high blood pressure (also referred to as hypertension). Learn more about hypertension.
- Learn about Heart-Healthy Living. Learn more about heart disease, high blood pressure, women and heart disease, and more.
resources for healthcare providers
- Clinical Resources. Explore change packages, best practices guides, and other tools to help support patients with hypertension.
- Hypertension Control Resources for Individuals and Patients. This toolkit is designed for anyone who works with patients or individuals with hypertension. Use these resources to help manage this condition in your communities.
- Patient Education Resources for Healthcare Professionals. Enrich your patients' heart-health knowledge with free patient education resources and tools.
resources for stakeholders
- Outreach Toolkit from National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Here you will find information about heart disease as well as the importance of social support for reaching heart health goals. Educational materials are listed that you can use in your community, social media resources, and more.
- COVID-19 and Cardiovascular Disease Partner Toolkit. Included are tools approved by the CDC’s Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention that you can use to encourage individuals to continue seeking cardiovascular care.
- American Heart Month Toolkits. The tools and resources in this toolkit are designed to help public health professionals encourage their communities to take small steps toward developing healthier lives.