National Nutrition Month
We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
bfcc-qio information for:
march is national nutrition month
National Nutrition Month is a time when people can focus on eating healthier.
Resources can be used by everyone to learn more about ways to improve health and nutrition. And, healthcare professionals can share with patients who want to learn more about nutrition.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has information to help you learn more about nutrition, regular physical activity, and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Nutrition.gov is a USDA-sponsored website with information to help you make healthy eating choices.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - There are quite a few links on this site to help learn about healthy habits, including Tips of Stretching Your Fruit and Vegetable Budget, Learn How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Labels, and Create Delicious Recipes for Heart Healthy Eating.
- The National Library of Medicine has recipes show you how to prepare tasty, healthy meals that help you develop a healthy eating pattern.
for stakeholders and healthcare providers
- The National Resource Center on Nutrition and Aging serves to build the capacity of senior nutrition programs funded by the Older Americans Act (OAA) to provide high quality, person-centered services and to assist stakeholders with identifying issues and opportunities to enhance program sustainability and resiliency.
- The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion works to empower people to improve their health. Information includes dietary guidelines and physical activity guidelines for Americans.
- The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention provides a Healthy Eating Communications Kit. Social media messages and graphics can help encourage your patients and community to take steps to build heart-healthy eating habits.