We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
news and announcements
This page includes announcements about the coronavirus (COVID-19) that are relevant to healthcare providers. For more detailed information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
kepro's bfcc services
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Kepro’s Beneficiary and Family Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO) services remain available. Kepro staff will continue working remotely. To help avoid any delays with cases, providers should continue to submit all medical records electronically.
Starting October 1, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations require providers to send medical records to Kepro electronically. Please visit our Medical Record Electronic Submission page for details.
toolkits and fact sheets
- Coronavirus Partner Resources are compiled by CMS to help you stay informed on CMS, HHS, CDC and other materials and resources available on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes (PDF) includes information and guidance on vaccinations to prevent infection with influenza virus, pneumococcus, and SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Hospital Operations Toolkit for COVID-19 helps providers prepare to manage large numbers of patients during the pandemic.
- Long-Term Care Facility Toolkit will help facilities prepare for COVID-19 vaccination at their facilities.
- CDC Toolkit for Older Adults & People at Higher Risk provides guidance and tools, including vaccination resources, to help older adults and people at higher risk and those who serve or care for them.
- Nursing Home Visitation FAQs (PDF) provide guidance to providers during Omicron.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services We Can Do This campaign is a national initiative working hand in hand with leaders and community organizations to continue to build confidence in COVID-19 vaccines and get more people vaccinated.
- CMS guidance on the delivery of beneficiary notices.
- CMS Current Emergencies website includes information about waivers, press releases, telehealth guidance, and clinical and technical guidance.
- Coronavirus waivers and flexibilities
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is encouraging those with Medicare who are fully vaccinated to get a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Data shows that a COVID-19 vaccine booster dose increases immune response, which improves protection against COVID-19.
- What Clinicians Need to Know About Available Therapeutic Options for COVID-19
COVID-19 treatments can reduce patients’ chances of hospitalization and death. Watch this webinar to learn about therapeutic options and treatment availability.
- CMS Targeted COVID-19 Training for Nursing Home Instruction
- COVID-19 Vaccination Implementation and the "Vaccinate with Confidence" Strategy
This webinar updates healthcare professionals on CDC's COVID-19 vaccine planning and implementation, including vaccine distribution strategy and current state planning efforts.