We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
news and announcements
This page includes announcements about the coronavirus (COVID-19) that are relevant to healthcare providers. For more detailed information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
kepro's bfcc services
During the current COVID-19 situation, please know that Kepro’s Beneficiary and Family Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization (BFCC-QIO) services remain available. Kepro staff will be working remotely away from our offices. To help avoid any delays with cases, we are asking providers to please submit all medical records electronically by faxing instead of mailing copies of paper records.
Kepro Special Bulletin
information related to covid-19 from the centers for medicare & medicaid services
- CMS Virtual Toolkit to help you stay up-to-date on CMS materials
- 3/13 CMS press release announcing new measures to protect nursing home residents
- 3/30 CMS press release revealing regulatory changes to help the healthcare system address the patient surge
- CMS Fact Sheet with waiver information, including guidance on the three-day hospital stay prior to admission to a skilled nursing facility
- CMS guidance on the delivery of beneficiary notices
- CMS Current Emergencies website with the latest CMS Memos
- Nursing Home Best Practice Toolkit
- Medicare Learning Network - Extension of Skilled Nursing Facility Benefit Days