Coronavirus Information for Healthcare Providers
We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
news and announcements
This page includes announcements about the coronavirus (COVID-19) that are relevant to healthcare providers. For more detailed information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
prepare for the end of the public health emergency
As part of ongoing efforts to provide up-to-date information to prepare for the end of the Public Health Emergency for COVID-19, which ended on May 11, 2023, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is providing these resources:
- Fact Sheet: What Do I Need to Know? CMS Waivers, Flexibilities, and the Transition Forward from the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PDF)
- FAQs on CMS Waivers, Flexibilities, and the End of the COVID-19 PHE (PDF)
- CMS Current Emergencies Web Page
toolkits and fact sheets
- Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes (PDF) includes information and guidance on vaccinations to prevent infection with influenza virus, pneumococcus, and SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Hospital Operations Toolkit for COVID-19 helps providers prepare to manage large numbers of patients during the pandemic.
- Nursing Home Visitation FAQs (PDF) provide guidance to providers during Omicron.
- Coronavirus Partner Resources are compiled by CMS to help you stay informed about materials available on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- HHS COVID-19 Public Education Campaign provides resources for you to share with others to help protect your community.
- The CMS Current Emergencies website includes information about waivers, press releases, telehealth guidance, and clinical and technical guidance.
- CDC: Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines
- What Clinicians Need to Know About Available Therapeutic Options for COVID-19
COVID-19 treatments can reduce patients’ chances of hospitalization and death. Watch this webinar to learn about therapeutic options and treatment availability.
- CMS Targeted COVID-19 Training for Nursing Home Instruction