We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
The individual who is selected to serve as the Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) Liaison will be responsible for receiving notices and communications from KEPRO regarding its medical record review activity. The Liaison will coordinate the dissemination of such information within the facility and will discuss with the QIO any questions, needs, and suggestions regarding day-to-day interactions between the parties. Designation of the QIO Liaison may be changed by a facility at any time by notification to KEPRO in writing.
Provider Update Form (PDF)
The QIO Liaison is responsible for accomplishing the following tasks or ensuring that the facility has someone trained to carry out the following responsibilities.
- Expedite requests for medical records, whether from the QIO or the Clinical Data Abstraction Center (CDAC). An untimely response will result in a technical denial, and the facility will not get paid for the claim.
- Distribute written communications to the appropriate department, or administrative leader, in a timely manner.
- Help to coordinate responses between the practitioner and provider.
- Provide additional information, as warranted, to the QIO relating to specific issues.
- Understand that deadlines and due dates are mandated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and not KEPRO.
- Notify KEPRO in a timely manner if there is any change in contact information. (Note: All changes to contact information must be made in writing. See above link to download QIO Liaison Form.)