Family Caregivers Month
We are the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, working to improve the quality of care for Medicare beneficiaries. Our site offers beneficiary and family-centered care information for providers, patients, and families. Welcome!
november is family caregivers month
National Family Caregivers Month is a time to recognize family caregivers across the country. It offers an opportunity to raise awareness of caregiving issues, educate communities, and increase support for caregivers.
listen to kepro's podcast episode about caregiving
Kepro's podcast - Aging Health Matters, includes an episode about caregiving called A Conversation about Caregiving.
resources for stakeholders and healthcare providers
administration for community living
- Recognize, Assist, Include, Support & Engage (RAISE) Family Caregiving Advisory Council Initial Report to Congress: Recommendations will form the foundation of the National Family Caregiving Strategy, which will include action steps to increase recognition and support for family caregivers.
- Support to Caregivers. Programs, councils, and research projects help support and empower those caring for older adults and people with disabilities.
- Ready-to-Publish Articles. These articles can be used in your publications and websites.
resources for caregivers
- Family caregiver toolbox. Web links and printed materials on a variety of topics.
- Tips for Caregivers. 10 useful tips for caregivers.
- Online Community. Post a message, ask a question, or offer support to other caregivers.
- Find your local AAA. Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) coordinate and offer services that help older adults remain in their homes.
- Immediate Advocacy. Read a story about this free Kepro service for people who have Medicare that can be useful for caregivers.